Old February 8th 06, 03:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default King KX155 question

I had some distortion problems on my COM radios. One was when the audio
panel switch was in the BOTH position, COM2's audio was distorted and had
low volume. I avoid using the BOTH position now. This is easy to do since
COM1 is and SL30 and can monitor its standby frequency while talking on the
primary freq.
The other problem was also in the BOTH position when COM1 and COM2 were
tuned to nearby frequencies. The sidetone was extremely garbled when
transmitting. Changing the non-transmitting radio to a different frequency
or turning down its volume bypassed the problem. Of course not using the
BOTH position would also have avoided the problem.

Best Regards,
Mike
http://photoshow.comcast.net/mikenoel
"Kobra" wrote in message
Flyers,

I have a Bendix-King KX155 which I use as my primary radio. Lately I have
major distortion only on certain frequencies. For example I frequently
talk to Atlantic City Approach on 134.25 and the reception is garbled. I
have limited data on some things since this is a new problem. But I
*think* switching radios does not always fix the problem. Sometimes it
does and sometimes it doesn't. I think they can hear me better then I can
hear them. It only seems to be frequencies above 130.xx. Lower
frequencies are fine. I assume I only have one antenna for both radios.
Sorry for such scant information. I will try and pin some of these
variables down in the next few days.

Any ideas?

Kobra