Old February 5th 04, 03:21 PM
Janos Bauer

The main difference is when you stop the sideslip with these new
composite planes. Higher speed required to maintain safe sideslip
position but these planes has no same drag in normal glide position as a
KA7 has. So expect to run much longer

/Janos

Andreas Maurer wrote:
On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 11:28:19 +0100, "Bert Willing"
wrote:

Funny thing this discussions. Slipping turns from base to final were part of
my practical exam to get my license in Germany. Well that's now 20+ years
ago, and we did that on Ka7, Ka8 and things like that.
It is coordinated flight, by the way.

An approach without flaps by sideslip-only (including sideslip turn
from downwind to final) was also required during my instructor
examination. I did that in a G-103 Twin Astir, but I also saw the same
being done with an ASH-25.

Lots of fun, by the way. Nothing more thrilling than taking part in a
precision landing contest without even touching the flap lever...

Bye
Andreas