Old September 7th 05, 02:38 AM
xyzzy

Dave S wrote:

xyzzy wrote:
but Barron doesn't seem to understand that may be a

price of doing business the way he does.

Sounds to me like he understands it quite well, and he knows what his
niche is. He is in the business of SELLING, not keeping everyone happy.
As long as people are willing to buy what he selling, in the manner that
he's selling things... and that moves the inventory to his liking...
then why should he break his neck trying to keep 100% percent happy.

He's what I call a 90% person. He figures 90% (or whatever his number
is) is good enough, and he's not going to DOUBLE or TRIPLE his effort to
make that last 10% happy. Bad return on his time, effort, and sweat equity.

I'm not saying I'd buy from him, but I can see where he is coming from.
And the key to this is: You dont have to buy from him either. If you do,
good, if you dont, he wont miss you. There is someone else next in line
with $$$ burning a hole in their pocket.

Dave

I tend to agree except my point (probably not very well written) is that
he sure seems to be willing to expend energy to argue with the last 10%
instead of just realizing their gripes will always be there as a
consequnce of his philosophy. He wants to blow off the 10% and still
have them love him.

--
"You can support the troops but not the president"
--Representative Tom Delay (R-TX), during the Kosovo war.