Old June 14th 06, 12:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Bose Headsets

Kobra,

You are correct; the Bose are expensive... But their
let-you-use-their-money where they break the price up to 12 no interest
$82 payments was hard to pass up. I ordered the headset on early Monday
morning and it was at my house at 10:00 am on Tuesday!!

I got a chance to use them last night for the first time and I put them
on and the first thing I noticed is how easy they are to adjust. I
didn't notice a big difference in the passive noise reduction but as
soon as I pushed the ANR button it was like night and day... Very nice
ANR (even compared to my DC 20 10XL's). And as I was hoping, the
microphone was most excellent too... So far so good...

I'm planning on doing some more flying this weekend and try them out
some more... Yea the cell phone interface would be nice but whatch gonna
do...

Jon

Kobra wrote:
Jon,

My main complaint with the Bose is the price. Everytime I see the ad I feel
like I need to put on a chastity belt to protect my bung hole.

I've compared them to my Lightspeed 30-3G's and they are the same in noise
reduction, but the Bose are far superior in comfort and size. My second
complaint is that, for the money, you would think they would have music and
cell phone input. If you want that you have to go with a third party plug
for 90 to 100 bucks (assuming you don't own the PS Engineering PMA 8000B
also on my wish list).

I've just been waiting for that one feature to be added and that will be the
excuse I need to pardon Bose for financial sodomy.

Kobra

"Jon Kraus" wrote in message
.. .

I just broke down and ordered a Bose Aviation Headset X. I have been
wanting one for several years but 1 AMU is a lot of cash for a headset...
Then I remembered how deaf I am becomming adnd thought that this would be
the best protection for my non-renewable hearing.

I already have a set of David Clarks H20 10XL's and they work great so if
the Bose work better than I'll be tickled pink.

How many of you good folks fly with the Bose or have used them and give me
a PIREP. Thanks!!

Jon Kraus