Old July 25th 08, 12:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dave S

Default Aircraft Carrier and airspace?

Gig 601Xl Builder wrote:

Maybe it's "nothing"... after all just a few months ago a pair of
Russian
TU-95 Bear bombers overflew the USS Nimitz. One of them flew directly
over
the Nimitz at 2000 feet and no one shot them down.

And just how many weapons do you think were tracking that Bear the whole
time?

Nobodys gonna blink twice if they splash an airplane from the united
states of Cessna...

Keep in mind that while the bear was overflying our fleet, we'd been
flying nuclear armed bombers just outside their territorial limits for
years.. and until they had developed SAMs that could reach, we'd
violated and overflown their airspace with impunity for years. It was a
game with a KNOWN adversary.

A plane approaching that doesn't respond and is unidentified will be
making a bad gamble. Remember the Vincennes?