Old February 23rd 04, 09:34 PM
George Z. Bush

"Garrison Hilliard" wrote in message

(Snip)

The Comanche program was started in 1983 and had survived many reviews. Under

restructuring worked out in 2002, a decision on going ahead with initial
low-rate production was to be made in 2007, with the first Comanches delivered
to the Army in 2009 and full-rate production to begin in 2010.

Since this Reagan era DOD project survived the Reagan DOD evaluations, and those
of Daddy Bush, and those of Bill Clinton, we now have arrived at the present
situation, with our present DOD deciding that the project was unworthy of
completion and not worth spending any more money on. Why do I have that uneasy
feeling that brain surgery is about to be done by our neighborhood podiatrist?
Why do I feel that they'd rather spend the money on some other project, like
Star Wars, that they'd like rather than this one that the Army has said all
along that it needs?

George Z.

Copyright 2004 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may

not
be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.