Old May 15th 14, 05:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default ASW-20 speeds to fly/general advice.

Hi,

I am a very new ASW-20 user (first flight yesterday) I am looking for any advice for the glider such as:

Speeds to cruise/climb,
Water; does it fly well? How does it change speed range especially in the climb,
Read a few things about thermalling in neutral flap rather than +1, any thoughts?
Anything else relevant.

I am most interested in speeds to fly, I think in general I always fly a bit slow, I also realise that there is no definitive answer, but a range for different conditions would be useful.

Thanks in advance for advice!

RB