Old October 12th 03, 05:58 PM
Ogden Johnson III

Guy Alcala wrote:

Ogden Johnson III wrote:

To paraphrase [and bowdlerize] Theodore Sturgeon's famous quote from
the '50's, "90% of *everything* is dreck."

He seems to have used "crud", which has been almost universally modified into
"crap," so you're really not bowdlerizing _him_. Whatever word you use, the
essential truth of his 'law' remains unassailable.

I had always understood that the word he used was the one most
commonly used for excrement in impolite company.
--
OJ III
[Email sent to Yahoo addy is burned before reading.