Old April 28th 05, 04:42 PM
Steve

"Dylan Smith" wrote in message
Now the A380 is surely a marvel of modern engineering, as is the Boeing
7E7 (787? Dreamliner?).

But fundamentally...it's yet another tube with wings with two or four
engines on pylons below the wings. I'm really disappointed that Boeing
dropped the Sonic Cruiser, a much more interesting proposition.

I'm also wonder what the point of the 7E7 is - surely the
midsize longhaul jet market is already adequately served by the 777?
Could they just not make incremental improvements to the 777 in the same
way they've done with the 737 for years?

Development costs would have killed the Sonic Cruiser. Yes, teh A380 is
pretty unremarkable, but it's based on proven technology.

The 757 does as many milk runs (UK int Europe and vice versa) as any 737
ever did, but with greater capacity.