Old September 16th 18, 01:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default 3-D map issues with SeeYou 9.2

On Wednesday, September 12, 2018 at 3:56:57 PM UTC-4, Dan wrote:
recently my 3-D map view feature stopped working on SeeYou 9.2. It had been working great but now is hung up and all I see is a brown screen.
I've contacted the SeeYou help desk, they suggested to update my graphics card drivers, did that and still nothing. I'm waiting for further instructions from Naviter but I was wondering if anyone here can help.

Thanks in advance,
Dan
7DR

I had the same problem pop up and I was able to fix it by doing this:

Load an IGC file into SeeYou
1) Go to Tools Options then go to "3D View" under the FLIGHT option
2) Then look toward the bottom of the dialog box under "Camera". The "Distance" option had some incredibly large number such as "1231256531mi" and I changed it to "0.5mi"
3) Under "Height", I changed the incredibly large number to "3000ft"

Magically my 3D render appeared again. I'm not sure if this will correct your situation, but it resolved mine. I have no idea why those large values were populated in those two fields ... perhaps filled in automatically after the software was upgraded to v9.2??

Roger