Old September 11th 05, 02:31 AM
tony roberts

Don't ask us if it's any good. The ONLY way to tell that is with a
thorough pre-buy inspection by someone who knows what they are doing.
How long since annual? If you are serious it may be worth negotiating
with the owner to put it through annual and you pay the prebuy portion.

As you describe it, the plane may be in great shape - it may not -
thaqt's why you need at least the pre-buy.
But you do have a great bargaining chip!

Good luck with it.

Tony
--

Tony Roberts
PP-ASEL

In article .com,
wrote:

Hey Guys,

I'm looking at at 172 that has 1100 hours since overhaul, holding 73/90
++ on all cylinders...the only thing holding me back, last overhaul was
1976...

I've talked to several seasoned pilots / aircraft owners that say as
long as it's holding good compressions, don't sweat it....

Any opinions?

Thanks,

Jamie A. Landers
PP-ASEL