Old April 28th 06, 02:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Best US Soaring Weather

I'll second Ted... I live in Southern NV, we fly year round, some months are
better than others... and "winter" soaring depends on the ElNino effect..
I'd live in So NV or So AZ before I'd live in SoCal
BT

wrote in message
oups.com...
Define "soaring season". We have a 12-month season in Arizona, but
obviously some parts are better than others. (We had several 300-400k
days in January and February.) The x/c weekends far out-number all
others here.

And we're one-day drive from Exlxyx, NxVx, home of the best soaring on
the planet! (Name munged to keep the the Lennys out.)

~ted/2NO