Old November 23rd 05, 02:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Wake Turbulence behind an A-380

Matt,

I missed that part. Shame on Airbus then. Either they really believed
this and are thus stupid, or they were outright being deceptive.

BS! I strongly suggest you read that report again. Nowhere does it say the
wake turbulence measurements have been completed and/or published. These
are "tentative" and "over-cautious" preliminary/interim standards issued
by ICAO as a suggestion. No one knows what wake turbulunce is causes - and
we will know before final ruling.

The problem is: The A380 is flying around as we speak, so ATC has to have
some guidance right now. That's what this does. It says NOTHING about the
actual wake turbulence caused.

But, anything for some cheap shots at Airbus, right?

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)