Old March 14th 17, 07:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default We need an ASW-19 rebirth for $25,000

Naysayers, naysayers!!! Are you guys really pilots? Aren't soaring pilots supposed to be optimists?

The same nonsense statements were said about the wright brothers.

A PW-5 cost $18,500 new.

Using an inflation calculator, that would be $29,487 in today's money.

I'm talking about a "barebones" glider, no frills. No blowholes, no winglets, no water ballast, no flaps, just the absolute basics. Nothing but basic instruments, no upholstery, just a seat pan.

If it happened with the PW-5, it can happen again....just this time needs to be with a 15 meter wingspan and a t tail.