Old August 16th 03, 04:29 AM
Big John

Ted

On several occasions I and others ferried fighters across the US and
rode commercial home. On occasion we tried to bring out chutes (in
duffle bags) into the cabin and store them in the overhead bins. We
were not permitted to do so and as I recall was told it would scare
the other passengers if I(we) did. Said there was some rule about no
chutes in cabin and they had to be checked in belly.

Don't know how we could have gotten out of bird if anything happened
and we had had access to our chutes.

Big John

Ted Huffmire wrote in message ...
Why don't airliners have parachutes for
every passenger? Wouldn't the passengers
of the DC-10 that crashed in Sioux City, IA
have survived if they had been able to jump?
Would the TSA give a passenger hell for
trying to bring his own as a carry on?