Old May 16th 08, 08:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Default Pitch vs. trim in flight phases

gatt wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote:
Tina writes:

Perhaps the difference between the MSFS and reality is the notion of
adjusting trim to take pressure off the yoke is one of those 'it
doesn't matter in simulated flight' issues.

Some controls for use with the sim, including the Saitek X52 joystick
that I
have, are spring loaded, and MSFS behaves in such a way that you must
maintain
pressure against the springs if the aircraft isn't properly trimmed.

I don't know how that compares to the Saitek Aviator which is what I
use, but I'm thinking of removing the springs and replacing them with
stiffer ones to make it a bit more realistic.

-c

Ah yes......but at what airspeed? (slugs dynamic pressure vs unboosted
control surfaces :-))

--
Dudley Henriques