Old January 30th 17, 12:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SF

Default Test results LiFePO4 glider batteries after 6 years

On Sunday, January 29, 2017 at 5:05:25 PM UTC-5, Steve Koerner wrote:
SF: Last spring I charged up my 2 year old K2 batteries after about 3 months off the charger and then tested them. I was quite surprised that my capacities had dropped to a range of 2 to 3 AH over the winter period. I too had stored my batteries indoors and fully charged before I'd unplugged them over the winter period.

I got in communication with a factory engineer. The engineer had me do a couple cycles of discharge and long time charging -- on float for 10 days. His explanation was something about rebalancing the cells. I don't entirely understand the issue. Yet doing as he directed did bring my capacity back up to 8.5 AH. They worked fine all season.

Your situation sounds so similar that I'd suggest trying the same. Let us know if it fixes your K2s.

I'll give that a try, might save the K2's from the recycling bin

Scott