Old February 7th 17, 01:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Test results LiFePO4 glider batteries after 6 years

On Sunday, January 29, 2017 at 4:42:57 PM UTC-5, Tango Eight wrote:
I guess this is the weekend to test batteries.

I have four seasons on my Bioenno 12AH LFP battery. It's down to 11.48 AH now, down from 12.05 last year and 12.1 when new. ...

T8-

Your battery seems to be holding up well. I also have a K2 battery that after 2 seasons is showing similar loss of capacity as SF and Steve Koerner describe. Its down to about 60% capacity. I am currently trying the extended charge cycle Steve described. I charge it with a 14.6V 2A switching charger made by Fuyuan - model FY1502000; bought it with the battery. Not sure that the charger would make that much difference if the voltage is adequate, but what type of charger do you routinely use to charge your Bioenno LFP battery? Perhaps the Bioenno has better cell balancing algorithm/hardware? I stored it at approximately half charge in the off season and always took it home for recharging when not flying.
Since I am in the market for a second LFP, trying to decide which brand to go with.

Thanks