Old August 8th 18, 04:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

Default Loading SUA File In ClearNav

On Wednesday, August 8, 2018 at 8:03:40 AM UTC-7, Dan Marotta wrote:
I hope someone can help.Â* I'm in Montrose, CO on a gliding safari and
there are several fire TFRs in the area.Â* I have created a TFR file but
can't figure out how to load it into my ClearNav II flight computer.Â*
I've also looked through the ClearNav website and can't find the
information there.

I have created a directory structure on a USB stick which matches the
structure used by the CN Simulator.Â* The SUA file works on the simulator
but not in the aircraft.Â* I installed the stick before turning on the
CNII but when stepping through the menus to load an SUA file, I don't
find the file listed.Â* What am I missing?
--
Dan, 5J

Dan:
The airspace file (I prefer TXT to SUA) goes on the USB stick in the Map Data / SUAs folder.
Put the USB stick in and power up. At the prompt, update airspace. It prompts to remove USB and restart. Then go to the menu icon on the ribbon, tab with "no glider" icon, load.
Jim