Old August 8th 18, 10:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Default Stall spin during aero tow? Std cirrus

General comment, not totally related to this post.........
Most of our tug pilots are also glider pilots, tug pilot is sorta secondary.
We usually fly dry, but if we fly wet, we (glider pilot) instruct wing runner to flag tuggie that we are wet and need more speed.
I have flown out of our field heavy (ASW-20 a and c, thus 9lbs......) before with no issues.
Don't know if our field has EVER had a 2-32, I have flown a lot of ships, a 2-32 is not on the list.

Yes, a wee bit fast is better than a wee bit slow. I am a light pilot and have done XC tows from home to HHSC in a 1-26 (something like 120 air miles), yep, things got a wee bit too fast, but we were racing November weather to destination.

If you bend/break something, have a good reason when the FAA comes calling.
Hopefully you are around to chat with them.
Radios can fail or get stepped on.

Flapped ships have some options, but not unlimited.
Nonflapped have few options.
Time for go/no go is limited. When in doubt, bail out.