Old June 23rd 06, 11:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Anyone here know Driggs, Idaho (DIJ)

Dean is correct is his observation. Alot of Jackson Hole pilots base
out of Driggs. The big reason is JAC is in Grand Teton National Park
and present and future hangars are next to impossible to get in to. You
should have stopped and toured the place. The owner is Dr Rich Sugden
and he has a fleet of planes he restores and flies. Migs, L-39's, T
28's, T2, Fury, yada yada yada. All are is pristine shape...

Ben
www.haaspowerair,com
Jackson Hole, Wy

Bob Chilcoat wrote:
I was flying though Driggs, Idaho at 1.5 feet last week in a rental car
(2,500 miles in 11 days -- jeeze a plane would have been nice!) and was
surprised at the very professional airport we passed. Several Biz jets,
lots of big hangars, nice facilities. I was wondering what was in Driggs
that could support that kind of airport. Anyone know the area? There
didn't seem to be any major industry around except agriculture. Just really
curious.