Old October 1st 05, 02:56 AM
Ken Chaddock

Roger wrote:

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 03:37:59 GMT, Anthony W
wrote:

Kyle Boatright wrote:

"Don Hammer" wrote in message
news

Moler is like Jim Bede. Great at raising money for his pie-in-the-sky
ideas. After at least ten years, you'd think he'd have something
other than a sortof mockup. Where's the beef?

Try 30+ years. Also, his website indicates he's spent $100 million.

I find it amazing that mainstream media still pimps his wares from time to
time, given that he's 30 years and $100 million into the project and has
Zero results other than a display only model with a pretty paint job.

PT Barnum would be so proud...

I'm suprised the feds haven't busted him for fraud by now...

Are you kidding? The feds and NASA think the basic idea is great and
actually have a program to develop something along those lines. Can
you imagine the air traffic if even one percent of the drives had
something like that?

If certainly would be "busy" over crowded cities...think "The 13th
Element"...but otherwise it would be much better. Consider that all
those cars and trucks have to move along asphalt ribbons that constitute
a very small fraction of available airspace...

....Ken