Old November 21st 03, 04:50 PM
Gene Seibel

Jay, if you were going about your business and they stopped you on the
street, I'd see your point. But you voluntarily joined a couple of
complete strangers for lunch. When you do that, you've got to be
prepared for surprises. You may not agree with their beliefs or
especially how they expressed them, but this is still America.
Personally, I believe what I believe and if anyone tries to change my
mind, I either listen or move on. My guess is that they got you
thinking about something you don't want to deal with.
--
Gene Seibel
Hangar 131 - http://pad39a.com/gene/plane.html

Soon, both men were quoting scripture to us, chapter and verse, "proving"
how "easy" it was to be "saved" by the "true Lord, Jesus", as opposed to the
heathen gods of the other religions. By now we were both growing
incredibly uncomfortable, and I had that horrible "this must be a nightmare"
feeling rising in the pit of my stomach. Not knowing whether to bolt or
tell them to f*ck off, I just sat there silently, dumbly smiling at them in
disbelief.