Old September 24th 06, 09:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval,rec.aviation.military
bar86

Default F-14 makes last flight

St. John Smythe wrote:
TV wrote:
It is a shame to see it go. Beautiful jet, but I guess time marches on. On
the plus side, maybe some entrepreneur will grab one up and start offering
civilian flights!

But imagine the price they would have to get (think maintenance hours).
The mind boggles.

--
St. John
Everything takes longer, costs more, and is less useful.

That's an interesting idea ! If all the military equipment is removed
and the flying
gear is replaced by basic digital control computers, it could become a
REAL
attraction. Hey, Walt Disney guys, do you listen ? To rewrite it's
mechanical
control laws on a simple target using simulink is a job for a month or
two,
integration could take few more months, and here we have a business.
To make things simpler, the wings can be fixed in the opened
position...

There are many ppl (especialy in this forum) that would pay few grands
for
a hour or so in the forward cockpit !!

Bar86
Aircraft Performance and Flight Dynamics.
http://www.newbyte.co.il/