Old January 25th 08, 11:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_22_]

Default Cessna 152 spin integrity

Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Ricky wrote:
I was watching the 50-something spins done in a 152 on youtube and it
got me thinking;

I seem to remember being taught during commercial training that spins
do not greatly increase G forces on the airplane, is this true?

I also remember being warned "no spin is exactly the same or
predictable, so DON'T do them solo! Was this just a warning from my
school so we wouldn't screw up their gyros or are spins indeed
possibly very dangerous inherently for some reason?

I would like to try some solo next time I'm up just for fun but may
take a willing CFI along (or fellow pilot) just in case.

Would 50-something spins compromise a Cessna 150 or 152's structure?

Another thing I'd be concerned about was getting overly dizzy beyond

handful of spins.

Ricky

Hi Rick;

I'm not trying to be confrontational here but I notice you are a
commercial pilot. I can't for the life of me rectify why you don't

know
the answers to the questions you are asking here. I find it

incredulous
that a commercial pilot could go through the process, then pass the
flight test and not know these answers.

Modern life!

To be fair, I wouldn't have known much about structures and G limits
when I got my commercial either. There's certainly nothing presented in
the syllabus that could be described as anything more than rudimentary.
The current trend is to tell pilots less and less about how the
airplanes they fly are put together. The last type rating I did was just
appalling.

Bertie