Old May 30th 08, 11:48 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,us.military.army
PaPaPeng

Default Bush 'Plans Iran Air Strike by August'

On Fri, 30 May 2008 18:31:12 GMT, Vincent Brannigan
wrote:

PaPaPeng wrote:
On Fri, 30 May 2008 14:52:02 GMT, Vincent Brannigan
wrote:

I was personally involved (as a student) in Ping-Pong diplomacy back in 1972

No doubt you were one of the original astronauts who landed on the
moon too.

No but I was the persons who initiated the contact with USTTA president
Steenhoven on behalf of UMCP Chancellor Charles Bishop to help arrange
the premier venue of the tour, the match at Cole Field house. This was
the only large venue inside the Washington beltway (12,000 seats)

"1972: A ping-pong match between the United States and the People's
Republic of China is played at Cole, the first sporting event between
the two countries."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cole_Field_House

It was my first date with Dr. Ruth. We met Henry Kissinger

Vince

The 1972 ping pong diplomacy had a lot of press even if it is only
Cole Field House archives. Surely you can produce one of those
articles with your photo or name on it. Or did those make it to the
Mars Mission already. My initial impression of your claim was that
you were in the group that went to Beijing from Tokyo. Have you ever
been to Beijing or to China? If so or if not on what basis do claim
to speak of expertise on what is happening in China and the prevailing
public mood there?