Old May 2nd 09, 01:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Default Son's first solo!

On May 1, 7:48*pm, "Morgans" wrote:
I'm a proud papa! *My son had his tail feathers clipped yesterday, after he
made his required three complete solo circuits and landings, all nicely in
control and smooth.

He has persevered where many would have not. *He first started while he was
in high school, at just under 16 years old. *Many time builing instructors
came and went, and he finally switched to an older gentleman we already
knew, and continued until his college studies made him postpone his dream..
He did go up a few times, but after a time he realized he needed to wait
until he could go the rest of the way and finish.

After getting hitched last year, and being done with his college, he went
the rest of the way to soloing yesterday. *I could not be more proud.

Congratulations, to Patrick.
--
Jim in NC

Congratulations to both of you.

Great time to do it; between getting married and the arrival of the
first heir apparent.
:-)
Dudley