Old February 26th 21, 04:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Lynn Alley

Default US sectional charts online

Hello Moshe,

My website will indeed do exactly what you want. The format you seem to be asking for is the same as what GlidePlan uses. On the Sectionals tab, go to the section titled "US Sectional Charts for GlidePlan" and follow the link to request a custom GlidePlan map. You will need to provide a decimal lat/lon for a reference point somewhere on the chart, and distances in nautical miles from the reference point to the north, south, east, and west edges. The chart area must be limited to 200,000 square nautical miles, but that is huge.

My software will stitch together the required sectionals and make a JPG file you can download. You only need to make the request once, and after that, updated versions will appear in the custom GlidePlan charts folder on my website periodically.

Lynn Alley
"2KA"