Old September 24th 20, 04:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Stephen Struthers

Default FES underpowered for 18m ship?

At 13:50 24 September 2020, Kevin Neave wrote:
t's a different mindset. With your self launcher, and my conventional
turbo, if you start the engine you drive home.

With my FES if I need to climb I only climb as little as possible, then I'

back in the "Soaring" game to get as close to home as I can. I just have
the option of setting my glide angle to something more favourable. And
i the UK will almost certainly have the option of an Airfield on the way
home if I need it

If the engine dies then I'm still in the same situation all of us are in
so I don't fly over unlandable terrain with or without the FES running
(I'll make an exception for the Solent)

Flying in the UK 1200ft normally gives a pretty wide choice of fields

KN

Ok so the UK stops North of Hadrian's wall !!

Like to see you soar round my neck of the woods at 1200 ft AGL lol

(apologies for post hijack)