Old February 10th 04, 12:34 AM
Keith Willshaw

"Fred the Red Shirt" wrote in message
om...
"Bill and Susan Maddux" wrote in message

om...
I can not see how Bush's being awol from the national Guard is any worst
than Clinton's draft dodging, burning his draft card, leaving the

country
and protesting the war.

Consider, if you will:

1) Being AWOL is a crime. Nothing you allege about Clinton,
with the possible exception of burning his draft card, was
or is a crime and I'm doubtful that a law prohibiting one
from burning one's own draft card would pass Constitutional
muster.

As a disinterested (ie I have no time for either of them) foreign
observer I find this whole squabble rather amusing

IRC Clinton never actually claimed to have burnt his draft
card he just went to University in the UK and kinda forgot
he was supposed to join the army, musta been that marijuana
he didnt inhale

LOL

2) AFAIK, Clinton has denied nothing you alleged above.

3) I am not convinced that Bush was AWOL, it appears that at worse
he was left without orders to appear anywhere in particular for
about a year. Certainly a far cry from volunteering for combat
duty however.

In fact he was apparently in the national guard reserve at the time
and this was the period after he had volunteered and been
turned down for active service. Given the aircraft he trained
on was being phased out and the war was winding down I
kind of doubt he was the only one who did less than the
optimum with regard to service.

Keith