Old March 12th 21, 12:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jp

Default ICOM A16 and the HM-240 speaker-microphone

On Thursday, March 11, 2021 at 2:40:23 PM UTC-8, Tim Newport-Peace wrote:
On 11/03/2021 21:17, jp wrote:
I have two A16 radios and two HM-240 speakermikes and I cannot get the speakermike's audio to be transmitted.

Pressing the speakermike's PTT does send the carrier but not the mike's audio.

I have set the A16's sidetone setting to 0, as I did on my A14 radio, to prevent feedback when using the speaker-microphone but that does not allow the mike's audio to be sent.

Is there some other setting or anything else I need to do?

Thank you.

Look at 'Set Mode' in your manual and check the Mic Gain and Mic Input
settings. If you don't have a manual use this link:
https://www.icomjapan.com/support/manual/1799/

Hi Tim,

The A16 sure has lots of settings. I have the Mic gain set to 'H' and the Mic Input set to 'AUTO' although I have also tried a Mic Input setting of 'INT". Are those settings not correct? I do have the manual. Thank you for the link to the manual.