Old May 12th 21, 09:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION 2010 MOCIUNPICTURES

Default Time to hang it up?

It’s been 50 years now since I soloed in gliders at Black Forest, Co in 1971. I have logged over 5000 hours, mostly racing. Only flew one time last year due to Covid-19, but this year I found myself dreading the work involved with hooking up the trailer, driving an hour and a half, assembling, cleaning and taping the bird then flying for maybe 3 hours, followed by disassembly, then driving another hour and a half back home! The energy to do all this was needed just to flying that day!
Last year there were 4 pilots in our club that were over 85, two have quit and another died on his third flight in a new electric sailplane..............that leaves me? I have decided it’s time to hang it up!
Thanks for all the good memories over the years, mostly racing sailplanes..
Pat & JJ Sinclair

JJ, respectfully, are you confusing the ground work with the flying? I'm also getting older, and find the ground work an increasing burden, but still feel ok to fly. I'm going back to power flying a rental (turn up, fly, go home) and am looking to join a 2-seat glider partnership... with younger pilots who appreciate someone to share the financial burden.