Old May 13th 21, 02:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Sinclair[_5_]

Default Time to hang it up?

On Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 11:43:28 AM UTC-7, Mike Koerner wrote:
JJ,
I know you’re just having fun, but I’m worried someone reading your comments might walk away with a misimpression of cross-country soaring.
I know where some alternate landing sites are and keep one within glide all the time. And I keep my airspeed in the green, stay away from thunderstorms and avoid hitting mountains. So, except for the tooth decay issue, my cross-country flights are no more dangerous than local soaring.
Now, flying around in the back of an F-4 or B-52 like you used to do, that’s a whole different story.
Mike Koerner

I salute your spirit, Mike. The spirit of youth..........Actually one could say, “the spirit of soaring”, Hitchhiking on the wind!
All the best,
Pat & JJ