Old December 24th 06, 06:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Linc

Default Medivac Safety of homebuild Helicopters

boB,

I would never bust on you for it, and anyone who would, "they should
hold their manhood cheap." I find it a prudent course of action and
like I said, if you have the tools to use, you handicap yourself by not
using them. My goal is to always live to fly another day.

Speaking of those rules, were they host-nation, USAREUR, or homegrown
within the unit?

Linc

boB wrote:
"Linc" wrote in message
ps.com...
clear of clouds, 1 mile at night in Class G, unless the aircraft is
higher than 1200 feet AGL.

Especially with the new NVGs, I would personally choose to fly with the
NVGs down, even if I was told that I couldn't. As a tool at night, even
if you are just confirming what you see with the Mark 1 Mod 0 eyeball,
flying without NVGs, especially if you have them with you, is like
flying the helicopter with one hand tied behind your back. And the
aircraft is a lot better with the GPS than with the AHRS.

Linc

I usually don't mention my side-stepping rules but those times, inbound to
land, when I flipped up the NVG's and found myself IMC, the Goggles came
back down instantly.

boB