Old April 7th 07, 04:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Stuart & Kathryn Fields

Default Wake for RAR

There is a helicopter forum moderated by a guy who is building a Scorpion.
I got out of there because it was mainly populated with people who had never
built a helicopter that knew that the people that had built one did it
wrong.
We publish the Experimental Helo magazine and get exposed to a lot of small
helicopter information but I would like to find a newsgroup that had
interaction between people involved in the building, modifiying and
maintaining a helicopter in a less formal and quicker acting than the
magazine. And frankly that newsgroup would probably provide information for
and maybe writers of articles for the magazine.

"Maxwell" wrote in message

"Stuart & Kathryn Fields" wrote in message
.. .
I probably asked this question befo Is rec.aviation.rotorcraft
primarily for the 206 and up crowd? I've posted stuff about the
experimental helo world and felt like I drug a dead cat into the living
room of a fancy estate.
Is there a news group that focusses more on private non-commercial helo
owners?

I haven't seen one, but let me know if you find it.

I think this forum just suffers from diversity. Unlike the fixed wing
forums that offer a different group for "piloting" and "experimental", all
rotorcraft discussions come to one group. And the diversity in thinking
creates a lot of unnecessary stress.

I miss the good old days too. Nick, Walt and many others had a lot to
share - as did a lot of the back yard builders, even if many of them were
just swaping "what if's". But the average offshore, ENG and former
military pilots have little in common with the back yard builders, yet
both have a lot of constructive information to share.

I am of the back yard builder, wanna be rotorcraft pilots myself. But I
sure would like to follow a piloting group as well.