Old June 28th 04, 07:21 PM
Dale

In article AnZDc.1369$Dq1.851@newsfe6-win,
"ShawnD2112" wrote:

Was hoping to get a bit of expertise here. I'm in the market for an
emergency bailout chute for flying in my Pitts S-1D. The top US contenders
seem to be National and Softie but with no experience in the field, and
parachutes not exactly being the kind of object you can try on for size in
the shop, I don't really know what to look for and what to avoid. I'd
appreciate any tips anyone out there could provide. Are there any European
models that anyone has any experience with? Obviously comfort and space in
the cockpit are major considerations.

I wear a parachute for all my flying. I much prefer the Softie to the
Strong rig we have. The Softie comes in many different styles/models.
As far as canopy choice, I want a canopy that is going to work at any
speed I might exit the airplane....as Todd noted that are different
certifcation criteria.

--
Dale L. Falk

There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing
as simply messing around with airplanes.

http://home.gci.net/~sncdfalk/flying.html