Old June 28th 04, 11:05 PM
justin

"ShawnD2112" wrote in message
news:AnZDc.1369$Dq1.851@newsfe6-win...
Was hoping to get a bit of expertise here. I'm in the market for an
emergency bailout chute for flying in my Pitts S-1D. The top US

contenders
seem to be National and Softie but with no experience in the field, and
parachutes not exactly being the kind of object you can try on for size in
the shop, I don't really know what to look for and what to avoid. I'd
appreciate any tips anyone out there could provide. Are there any

European
models that anyone has any experience with? Obviously comfort and space

in
the cockpit are major considerations.

Thanks!
Shawn

FWIW, I fly with a Softie seat parachute in my Yak. I don't have any back
room or leg room in the Yak but the seat box is deep. The seat cushion in
the plane is removable and the Softie seat parachute fits perfectly into the
seat box once the seat cushion is removed. The parachute came with a 2-inch
pad which protects the bottom of the parachute from rubbing and also
provides just the right amount of height to sit on. Real comfortable too.

Good luck

justin