Old July 21st 03, 11:33 AM
Justin Case

I like the Skipper, but you need to look into the availability of the
parts. Since there wasn't many made (around 280), the aircraft are
worth more at the junkyard than in the air. Not too long ago, I saw
one being dismantled at one of the salvage yards. When I asked what
sealed its fate, the owner said that there was nothing wrong with it,
they just needed the parts for the customers.

On 20 Jul 2003 21:25:36 -0700, (Dave) wrote:

I thought about the 140 and have looked at one. That particular
airplane needed too much work. Luckily, the advice of this group
talked me out of it. I haven't found any 140's in my area that are
worth persuring. Most of the one's I have found are really tired old
birds. I don't have time for a fixer-upper.

The partnership idea is not for me.
Thanks for the advice.

Dave