Old November 19th 05, 12:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Gear Warning

Mark Dickson wrote:
At 20:24 18 November 2005, Gordon Schubert wrote:
After this adventure, I spoke with 2 of our instructors

seeking advice on what I could do to prevent this from
happening again.

How about just doing your pre-landing checks properly.
You only need to check 4 things: water-ballast, U/C,
loose-articles(straps) and flaps. It takes seconds.

What about radio, speed, trim, spoiler, traffic and landing area?
No doubt checklists reduce the chance for errors, but it is naive to
believe they will always save your butt, cause when something goes
wrong, which result in distraction, first thing you'll forget/skip is
your check list...

Ramy (who found his gear alarm works as designed last flight)