Old October 12th 20, 12:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default Electric Turbo Hang Gliders

Dave Nadler wrote on 10/11/2020 3:55 PM:
On Sunday, October 11, 2020 at 5:40:07 PM UTC-4, Eric Greenwell wrote:
Nicholas Kennedy wrote on 10/11/2020 12:55 PM:
https://youtu.be/oqqEOvN7l8I

Looks like the HG crowd is jumping on the electric bandwagon too.

Nick

That was nifty - seems like a good use for electrics.

Except the part about burning out both motors...

I spent today trying to repair my electric machine, aaarrggg....
With a nice break when Nico visited for a socially distant lunch!
Failure #24 fixed, #23 still intermittent (I HATE intermittent problems)...
See ya, Dave

We were too late to make the big bucks as engineers explaining cats, but I see a window for a
second chance at fame: engineers explaining electric propulsion to HG pilots. "Plane Talk by
Dave and Eric" will never match Car Talk in audience numbers, but we could earn enough that you
could trade the Antares in for an AS34.