Old April 10th 04, 04:01 AM
Brad Z

Then just call it an instrument rating! Must we abbreviate everything?
I've never heard of an ISP that charges by the letter

"Dave Jacobowitz" wrote in message
om...
Hey, it's not my fault there's no obvious official
abbreviation for the instrument rating! Here's
what it says on my temporary cert (I think. going
from memory):

Ratings:
Private Pilot
Airplane Single Engine Land
Instrument Airplane

We all know PP-ASEL, but when I say "IA" someone
else wonders if I've just gotten my inspection
authorization -- which would seem odd considering
that I don't even have an A&P.

Anyway, with a name like mine, I'm probably
not what the IRA is looking for.

-- Dave Jacobowitz
-- jacobowitz73 -at- yahoo -dot- com

(Teacherjh) wrote in message

Scrubbed IRA checkride

So you're now a pilot for the Irish Republican Army?

Jose