Old July 6th 04, 05:45 AM
Bruce A. Frank

This is an interesting letter from Jess, but un-necessary for any reason
I can see. Corky just re-posted a post BWB made years ago.

It doesn't appear that Corky has a problem with Jess' engine or PSRU.
Heck, Corky is using a Ford with a Blanton based PSRU.(certainly related
technology) All I can see going on is Corky being tarred for remembering
and then posting one of Bill's old comments.

I'd love to take that ride, but can't meet that 200 lb limit. 8^D

Badwater Bill wrote:

Jess uses AOL and can't post to the ng easily. He can, however, read
the posts. He just wrote this to me over email and asked that I pass
it on to this group.

Subject: Letter to Corky Scott

Bill, a letter I sent to Corky this evening

----Jess

Mr. Scott, my name is Jess Meyers of Belted Air. I understand all of
the trashing both ways. We bought the project from Glenn Smith and
Bill was flying it. Our insurance could not afford two pilots at the
time. Bill's valid points were taken, corrections made, and a long
test period was carried out. We did have sprockets that were broached
improperly, the units recalled. At the same time Gates belt factory
had traced problems, if you can believe this, to people sweating or
infusing a saline solution into the belt matrix. We have since
switched manufacturer's.

Mr. Phillips is one of a kind, and I'll be the first to admit that I
have questioned a lot of his judgment. We are still out on some things
but all in all he is an honest person. You don't have to guess where
you are with him. Please don't get upset with some of his rantings.
His wife did a very good job of photography for the Kitplanes article,
and when the air to air shoot was scheduled for the article his father
passed away and it became unavailable.

Mr. J.Muretta did what I would call a overview article. Not wanting to
carry on but if you or your friends are under 200 lbs and want to fly
in the plane we offer to have you bring your own GPS and come fly with
us anytime so you may draw your own conclusions.

Jess Meyers
Belted Air Power

--
Bruce A. Frank, Editor "Ford 3.8/4.2L Engine and V-6 STOL
Homebuilt Aircraft Newsletter"

While trying to find the time to finish mine.