Old August 8th 03, 02:07 AM
John Galban

Robert Perkins wrote in message . ..
On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 12:55:26 +1000, K i t W â l k e r
wrote:

I'm thinking about getting one for my climbing /skiing etc. and it
dawned on me that the 3' altimeter (supposedly accurate to 29000')
might be a handy back-up.

Has it got the equivalent of a Colesman window? And will it work in a
pressurized cabin? ;-)

I generally set mine like I do the alimeter. Set it to airport
elevation prior to departure. You can adjust the barometric
pressure, but on mine it's calibrated to sea level, not corrected for
altitude like the altimeter settings you get from the airport.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)