Old May 14th 05, 08:50 PM
Matt Barrow

"anon" wrote in message
Thank you all for your thoughtful comments. Jay Honeck is correct that my
concern was about a YOUNG new pilot, although I now understand that hours

in
the air and range of experience are relevant as well. BTIZ's question is

good one,--would I let them drive in a sports car. The answer is a

resounding
yes. In fact I let these two drive across three states at 16 and they did
great, notwithstanding the smuggled fireworks in the trunk on their

return. As
to me flying with the friend--not a bad idea. If I wouldn't, I certainly
shouldn't let my son.

We haven't broached this subject with mom yet. We'll see.

Thanks again for your comments and insights.

As a licensed pilot, he's demonstrated the _ability_ of flying an aircraft.

As a relatively NEW pilot, he lacks experience to deal with more difficult
conditions.

The clincher, though, is: how mature is he in other aspects of his life?

If the latter is "very", then you should have no problem under good weather
and flight conditions.

Remember that all risk is _measured_.

Anywho, my boys never drove (nor desire even now) sports cars, leaning
towards pickup trucks. :~)