Old May 15th 05, 11:21 PM
SolarSapien

ALL AIRCRAFT WITHIN 60 MILES of DC SHOULD BE SQUAWKING AND
TRACKED, surface to 50,000 feet

The fact that a 150 (Student pilot and Instructor)

Could have been... (2 Arabs looking for 72 virgins with
plastic explosives and Uranium isotope) is scary

TSA (Thousands Standing Around) is a joke

FAA (Still worrying more about promoting unqualified black
females and Gay pride month than air safety) is a joke

Homeland Security is nothing but a bloated "Guvment" empire

Militarize the airspace around sensitive areas (DC New York
and others) and get the FAA out of the business of social
engineering (Promoting woman and blacks) and put them back
on their primary job of Air safety

The chaos in DC with thousands of Government employees
rushing on to the streets and looking up with the
possibility of a F16 blasting a 150 or 172 out of the air
full of radioactive debris was just F&^% Stupid. Imagine if
the F16 did shoot down the 150?? Where is it going to land??
What if it was full of a dirty bomb???? Shooting it down
would be worse than letting it crash.

STUPID STUPID STUPID way of handling the situation

This time we got lucky. I am sure the ragheads are laughing
at our total buffoon handling of the situation last week

What a joke

Cockpit Colin wrote:
I'm curious ...

What do you folks in the USA think the answer to the big "question" is, when
it comes to things like security of the whitehouse?

What's best ...

(a) Increase the radius of the no-fly zones to give greater protection
against faster aircraft?

(b) Leave things the way thay are now and "hope for the best"?

(c) Something else?

Seriously, we've all read many compelling arguments as to how and why the
existing procedures don't work, and tend to "drag down" GA - what I'm
interested in hearing though is not what DOESN'T work, but what DOES.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

CC