Old September 2nd 05, 04:20 PM
enewbold enewbold is offline
Junior Member

Location: Columbus, Oh, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart & Kathryn Fields
Not only are they alive and well, they recently won a Kit Planes Magazine Reader's Choice Award for 2004. They also are a current advertiser in the Experimental Helo Magazine.
--
Stuart Fields
Hi Stuart. Nice hearing from you. Last time we met was Oshkosh 2004 at the Safari Tent.

Anyway, I was at PRA Mentone about 6 weeks ago (yes, two Safari machines were there also), and talked at length with a fellow who was flying a bright yellow Ultrasport, and had absolutley nothing good to say about the Ultrasport machines or company. Of course, as with everyone in aviation, I realize he was expressing his opinion only, and we had nothing to compare his comments to, he was quite convincing with his arguments, pointing out the many deficiencies on his machine and what he had to do to correct them.

He flew every day at Mentone, several times, just to let folks have a good look at an Ultrasport.

As for me, I was about 2 weeks away from my heli CFI rating when I got a call to fly pipeline patrol in the Houston area in an old Hughes 269-A machine. Did that for as long as the contract held out, then moved back to Columbus, OH. So, I never did get the heli CFI rating completed. Have decided to get a gyrocopter CFI rating next month, as there is a severe shortage of gyro CFI's around these days.

I just received my copy of your excellent magazine yesterday. Thanks. BTW, you're not planning on going to the Olney, TX, fly-in this weekend (Sep 3rd) are you? I'll be there with bells on!

See you later,

Ed Newbold, CFII ASEL
Columbus, OH
http://enewbold.com/