Old November 23rd 05, 07:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.misc,rec.aviation.owning

Default Avmap 4 GPS - anyone knows anything about it???

I've finally located the manuals at

http://www.pilotmall.com/page/1/PROD/26/17390

Mary and I own (and LOVE) the AvMap EKP-IIIC, the predecessor to the EKP-IV.

We played with the IV extensively at OSH this year, and I fell in love with
it. It's smaller, thinner -- yet still has a BIGGER, brighter color screen
than the III -- and the controls are more intuitive. It can also be
displayed either "portrait" or "landscape" -- a trick the III can't perform.

Unfortunately, Lowrance was running a fantastic deal on their 2000C at the
show (they gave me an absurd trade-in allowance for my old, partially
functional Airmap 300), so we opted to buy the 2000C and put it on the right
yoke for the co-pilot.

The IV is a fantastic product, and I hope to obtain one, perhaps at OSH '06?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA