Old August 15th 07, 11:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Blanche

Default Annual IA Software

RST Engineering wrote:
Exactly Blanche, and what I remember is a program that was a GUI for the FAA
site, that would go over all the ADs, TCs, and the like and be (for lack of
a better word) an indexing program from which you could pick and choose
probable applicable ADs and such.

For example (from memory, possibly not correct) the C-172E could use Slick
or Bendix mags, but only one or two model numbers of each. The program knew
this from the TC and let you select which particular mag went with the
aircraft you were inspecting. Once known (unless the mags were changed) the
program would keep that particular N number in memory and tell you next year
whether or not there were any new ADs on that particular model/serial number
you had.

Heavens, I had no idea there was anything from the FAA that was
this spiffy and useful! If anyone finds it again, let me know too!