Old April 11th 04, 11:36 PM
Yama

"Scott Ferrin" wrote in message
But hey, we're "transformational" don't ya know? I've come to the
conclusion that "transformational" is politic-speak for "we'll do
whatever the hell we want no matter how it short-changes the guy in
the field and we're right".

The thing that is truely disgusting about the whole thing (the war) is
that the terrorists are right. Bloody us a little and we run home
like a little Chihuahua who got it's ass handed to it by a hamster.
Granted it's just a CNN poll but one the other day showed the majority
of those taking the vote thought we ought to withdraw from Iraq and
today's majority 68% say we shouldn't be in Iraq.

It's part of how media works these days - when there is no major news, minor
news are reported as major news, and things in public can get blown out of
proportions.

Bit of a same is going on with F-22. Although the program has seen some
difficulties, I've never thought there was much real ground to cancel it,
but some people have speculated about it or pushing for it for years and
after much repetition, message has been going through...will be
psychologically interesting to see whether the opponents of the program
really do prevail.