Old July 6th 04, 11:43 PM
Fred the Red Shirt

(Madelin McKinnon) wrote in message . com...
are you kidding?

WTF did you come from?

... This is about the murder of Laci Peterson

No, this thread is about the American Press going soft on Bush
for fear that they won't be invited to any more of the press
conferences he doesn't give anyhow...

We go sidetracked into a discussion of Bill Clinton and Ken Starr,
evidently because some folks have yet to notice that the president of
the United States is George W Bush, Not Bill Clinton.

In that context you wrote:

... Why are we not charging Ken Starr for torture?

Perhaps because there is on reason we should? If there is
a reason we should, perhaps you can point it out to us.

With Susan
McDougal and her husband, did Starr not use cruel and unusual
punishment, did Starr not obstruct justice, did Starr not tamper with
witnesses, did Starr not violate the racketeering statutes with the
far right wing, did Star not...??? ...

Indeed, to my knowledge he did not. Have you evidence that he did?

Jim McDougal
was convicted on May 28, 1996 of 18 charges against him.

Yes, McDougal, his wife and a few other associtates of the
Clintons were disgusting frauds who stole the life savings
from innocvent people who had trusted them.

Facing up to
84 years in prison and $4.5 million in fines, McDougal agreed to
cooperate with Starr's office. His cooperation netted a reduced
sentence, and in April 1997 he was sentenced to three years in prison
and a year of house arrest, three years of probation and a $10,000
fine. Jim McDougal conveniently died in jail in March 1998. His
cooperation produced the allegation that Susan McDougal and Bill
Clinton had been lovers. ...

How so? I do not recall him ever having been quoted as saying that.

McDougall's death denied the opportunity to
prove that his original indictment was a consequence of his refusal to
lie. ...

That assumes that said proof was not alredy barred by reality.

But if you'd like to discuss this somewhere approriate, like
misc.legal or alt.politics.clinton, please go ahead.

--

FF